Home Forums BP Member Reviews Just plain not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aapi001
    Participant

Hi I think this is a great little plugin. I hope its just me doing something wrong but Im having the following trouble:

1. The functionality is not working. It appears to be set up, everything appears to be in place (Review Tab, Stars, Add Review Form) but Im not able to actually submit a review, and I when I select a star level the selection doesn’t stay.

More specifically – I select the “Review” tab and and enter text in the review textbox, click submit, the page clears the text I input as if starting over. When I hover over the stars they fill in but when I click the star level I selected does not stay, once I remove the mouse hover, the stars all go blank.

I check the Admin>User Reviews and no reviews show up to approve.

Using Chrome I always test in “Incognito” (private) so nothing is cached.

I can only post reviews on Friends. Is there a way to submit a review for any user friend or not?

Im using BuddyPress 2.7.2 and WP 4.6.1. I installed it with default settings except for auto approve reviews set to NO. Thoughts?

Heres some errors I pulled trying to submit a review from the Admin > User Reviews >Add Review

Marks
    Total: 0 of
    Warning: str_repeat() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas14_data03/30/3043430/html/wp-content/plugins/bp-user-reviews/bp-user-reviews.php on line 650

Warning: str_repeat() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas14_data03/30/3043430/html/wp-content/plugins/bp-user-reviews/bp-user-reviews.php on line 650

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas14_data03/30/3043430/html/wp-content/plugins/bp-user-reviews/templates/edit.php on line 35

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by aapi001. Reason: Added Error Warnings
    aapi001
    Participant

Update: I do see the fields to add a review on non friends, so that’s not a concern. Just not able to actually complete the review as described above.

Andrij Tkachenko
    Keymaster

Hello!

Thanks for reporting!

Can you send screenshot with your settings, so I can reproduce it?
    And can you send to link to your site, because it looks like JavaScript Error also!

The perfect would be, if you can give me access to your site, so I can detect problem and fix it fast!

Also will be usefully if you can give me output from this MySQL query!

SELECT option_value
    FROM wp_options
    WHERE option_name = ‘bp-user-reviews-settings’

Thanks!

aapi001
    Participant

a:9:{s:6:”access”;s:10:”registered”;s:11:”autoApprove”;s:2:”no”;s:5:”stars”;s:1:”5″;s:10:”starsColor”;s:7:”#eeee22″;s:6:”review”;s:3:”yes”;s:8:”multiple”;s:2:”no”;s:9:”criterion”;s:6:”single”;s:10:”criterions”;a:0:{}s:6:”submit”;s:12:”Save Changes”;}

Let me know if this helps. Thank you. I can email you my site link if needed.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by aapi001.
    Andrij Tkachenko
    Keymaster

I tried, with your settings and its work for me!
    Strange thing!

Can you just PM me the link?

Andrij Tkachenko
    Keymaster

Please update the plugin to 1.0.9!
    This must fix your problem!

Thanks!

aapi001
    Participant

Yes! It just plain works! Thank you very much.

One last question: What do can I do to make the date show as Month/Day/Year in the Reviews tab for posted reviews?

It shows as Day/Month/Year now. I already set WP default to M/D/Y

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p418/emailandre/bpur3_zpsozzrlgxo.jpg

Edit: Also where can I set the min length of post to less than 50 characters?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by aapi001.
    Andrij Tkachenko
    Keymaster

If you can change date format in source code, you can find it in /templates/review-list.php file on line 31

I will update plugin with this config option later!

aapi001
    Participant

Yes I updated that location and now it displays the result m.d.Y

Thanks again.

That should have been a separate post, apologies Im going to open a new post for the min_length.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar