Home Forums BP Better Messages File attachments: Upload limitations and storage location

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Posting this information here for visibility:

In the demo chat area, I asked Andrij the following questions about file attachments:

• What formats can be attached?
    • Where are they stored on the server?
    • Are they stored forever?

He answered with:

• File attachments are stored in the WordPress media gallery.
    • File attachments use the default WordPress limits for file types and sizes.
    • Files are currently stored forever, but this behaviour may change in the future.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Andrij,
    Currently the file attachments are stored in the WP Media Gallery’s ‘root’. Is it possible to put them all in a sub-folder?

I have 250 users on my site, and the Media Gallery would become very cluttered with all of the images they’ll send back and forth through BP Better Messages.

Let me know if I can help you out with testing at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another idea:
    Currently, I can’t send an attachment to someone unless I have an existing conversation with them. Once the conversation has been started, the “attach” icon appears in the reply field.

It would be great if a conversation could start with an attachment.
    I recognize this might not be possible; it looks like the original “start a conversation” form uses different technology from existing conversations.

Support
    Keymaster

Currently the file attachments are stored in the WP Media Gallery’s ‘root’. Is it possible to put them all in a sub-folder?

Do WordPress support subfolder in media gallery, do I missed something? 🙂

If seriously, Im planning to hide all of them from media gallery by default and add something like checkbox to get you ability to be able control all of them.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andrij,

I’ve become spoiled by a media gallery plugin I use (WP Media Folder). I actually forgot that the normal media gallery doesn’t have sub-folders!

Hiding the media but allowing control sounds like a good plan. You might include an option on the settings page like:
    “Automatically delete attachments older than [ ] days”

Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for suggestions!
    I definitely will add all necessary things later!

Too busy with my work now!

Thanks!

Support
    Keymaster

Releasing update soon including this features soon!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘File attachments: Upload limitations and storage location’ is closed to new replies.