Home Forums BP Better Messages problems with Vers. 2.0.41

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Biker
    Participant

Unfortunately, after updating to version 2.0.41, my website stopped working.

error message

To make the website work again, I renamed and deactivated the plugin via FTP.

I deleted the line in the functions.php.

//Show private message only once.
    remove_action('asgarosforum_after_post_author', array( BP_Better_Messages_Hooks(), 'asragaros_thread_view'), 10, 2);

After that I re-enabled “BP Better Messages”

Unfortunately, after that all my messages were gone and the design was different.

That’s why I have now completely deactivated “BP Better Messages” and now the messages are displayed again via the BuddyPress.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Seems like the custom code which you used in your functions php not compatible with new version of better messages which triggered that error.

If you want to migrate your messages again you can write support ticket and I will suggest you the way, but if you dont like new design, not sure how can I help then. Probably just use old version.

Thanks!

Biker
    Participant

Even if I leave the code in function.php removed, the messages from before are no longer displayed.

Only with BuddyPress will the messages be displayed again.

Biker
    Participant

Now I’ve noticed that when I go to the users to send them a new message, the old ones reappear in the left panel.

Now I would have to call up all users to be able to see the message history again.

I have no idea if this is intentional.

Support
    Keymaster

If you want to migrate your messages again you can write support ticket and I will suggest you the way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.