Home Forums BP Better Messages Translations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maarten
    Participant

I use a multilanguage buddypress site (with qTranslate-X).

I made some extra .mo files. But the translations are not being picked up. Even when I switch to Russian, for which a .po and .mo was provided. Even my previously defined translation of “Messages” in de BP menu is back to English in all my pages. (And when I deactivate your plugin, that goes back to the proper language).

Maybe some __(blabla) missing in the code. I can dig into that, but then loose my changes again with your next update.

Maarten
    Participant

Solution found.

I put the new .mo files with the only .mo file I could locate. In /wp-content/languages.

Having another look at your code, I saw Domain Path: /languages. It made me create a languages directory in /wp-content/plugins/bp-better-messages/

Then I moved all the .mo files to there. Changed file permissions to the right settings (both the new languages file and all the .mo files).

Voila. Everything works now. Also in Russian! Pazjalsta Balsjoje! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Support
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Sorry for long response, but yes is it a way to solve ๐Ÿ™‚
    You can also try to upload to /wp-content/languages/plugins/
    Thanks!

Maarten
    Participant

Thanks Andrij,

If you like, I can give you all the .po and .mo files I made, plus a .pot file, to include in your next release. Next to English, I have 99 more languages available now. I can put them somewhere on my server to download, or send them by email.

Maarten

Support
    Keymaster

Hi there, Maarten!

Better to upload them here:
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bp-better-messages

Thanks!

Maarten
    Participant

Hi Andrij,

I’ve been there before, on the wordpress site. Horrible interface, worse than wp-admin ๐Ÿ˜‰ I finally get to where it says, no translation yet, want to be the first? There’s nothing to click on… Very logical ๐Ÿ˜‰

No sweat. Fast solution for all BP Better Messages fans, download here, from my nice server:
    http://95.211.95.228/BPBMessages-languages.zip

Create a languages folder in either the /wp-content/plugins/bp-better-messages folder, or like Andrij suggested, in wp-content/languages/plugins.

In the folder, you only need the .mo files I provided. (The .po files, you can use to edit errors wit PoEdit.exe)

Please note, I standardised the language code. Some languages are in the format of e.g. no_NO, while others are like only fi (for Finnish). I made them all two letter. For compatibility with my project. (And not become totally crazy working with 100 languages.)

Expamples:
    If you only need French, change bp-better-messages-fr.mo to bp-better-messages-fr_FR.mo.
    If you need Finnish, nothing to change. bp-better-messages-fi.mo is commonly used.

Maarten

Laurent
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your work, saved me quite some time.

brian
    Participant

hello I followed your instructions but nothing is translated, can you help me please?

I have created the language folder and I have put the translation files inside and then the folder I have uploaded to the add-on folder but it does not work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.